PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2018, 20:29
EddieHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KNIEVEL77
Guys,
Just a quick question but maybe with this being a Cabri thread I know what the answer will be and please no Robbie bashing but I need to find another FTO.
My nearest one with a Cabri is 3.5 hours away or I could swap to an R22 which is 2.5 hours away, the Cabri comes in at £70 per hour plus vat more than the R22. I’ve completed 35 hours already in the Cabri and just fly for fun.
Would you continue with the Cabri or swap to the cheaper and nearer R22?
Many thanks.
Depends what you intend doing after you have your licence. Will you be able to hire a Cabri, or an R22 for that matter within a reasonable distance.
If you've only flown the Cabri so far, you might find the R22 a bit of a handful initially, so the extra cost might be eaten up just getting to the competence level you already are in the Cabri.
Travelling over an hour to rent either one after you qualify will quickly become a PITA and you will probably fly less frequently and have to spend some time with an instructor every time you want to hire.
You might find an R44 nearer which would be a better bet, otherwise I'd stick with the Cabri personally