PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at LHR... A true story?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2003, 08:29
boofhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not just the aircrew retiring early (I read a report that the TSA claims the only people who regularly complain about security procedures are the pilots. The passengers have bought into the bs that it is "for their safety").

These guys are doing nothing to make flying safer, in fact while they concentrate on the wrong targets, the bad guys get a free pass. Random searches reduce the chance of catching the terrorist, and so long as the only doors guarded are the front, leaving the rest of the airport unguarded, airport security is a sick joke.

The next time some crazies go for a strike, it will become obvious to the traveling public that they have been lied to, and people will abandon the airlines the way they did after Sep 11. A second hit to the economic well-being of the airlines will be sure to destroy it, so all of us who rely on flying for a living will be on the street.

It is important to all of us that we don't let these cretins win. Why make nice to the screeners, who "are only doing their job", when their job is to destroy ours?

Homeland Security is modelled after that of Nazi Germany in the 30's, and the above claim reminds me of the refrain of the guards from the concentration camps after the war (albeit I am stretching the comparison and do not want to suggest that these Bozos are evil).

Are we prepared to see the empire builders win or do we fight for common sense?