PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Navigation
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2018, 21:56
Wannabe1999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the responses.

Indeed, "ask a FI at your club for ground school" would be the best thing to do.

Problem is things went a bit sour between me and my school, who charged £50+ ph for theory sessions anyway, so I thought I'd be able to self study Nav and then finish off the flying bit at a different school. There are only 2 schools here who teach PPL. I asked a ground school provider in the area about lessons but they could not accommodate me.

(By the way, my school insisted I couldn't start practical navigation until I'd passed the ground exam...... oh and "no starting navigation until you've gone solo"...... Does this seem unreasonable?)

I'm unsure if this new school would accept me for theory lessons when I'm not officially a 'student' flying there yet, but I must ask them.

No doubt it's better to spend a few ££s on a few hours of formal tuition, rather than bang my head against the wall trying to teach myself something I know nothing about just from the books and an array of different methods demonstrated over the internet (many incorrect!). This would take months with my flying skills getting more and more rusty meanwhile, eventually requiring more practical lessons at £250ph

Haha and there was me planning on an ATPL distance learning course in future....!

HFD, must stay anonymous on here but I'm in the south of England and the school prices stated may give you a clue of the airport. If you're anywhere nearby feel free to PM me with more details.

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.