PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accident at Mumbai
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2018, 09:52
John_Reid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
Can you explain why they should have been production test pilots from the factory? In the countries I have worked never has that been the case and in most cases they wont have the required licence to fly in said country. Where do we find the requirement for the Lear jet requiring a factory test pilot (not saying it is not false - only ever done a minor inspection on one)?<br /><br />I read that it had major damage repairs over a 6 year period, if it were something like a gear up landing the repairs could be done in several months but costs of engines and props would be expensive. Since it was done over 6 years I expect it was a project job (keep the workers busy when quite times happen).<br /><br />If the aircraft was not deregistered the paperwork would not be that bad - DGCA would not even need to be informed the aircraft was going to be flying again (unless they have an annual requirement like some countries do to have a DGCA inspector inspect the aircraft).
<br /><br />To minimise the chances, of what we are reading about. As for the Learjet series, there are two types of strip attached to the leading edge. one is stall strips and the other to do with boundary layer control? it's been over 20 years since i flew them so, memory has faded.<br /><br />Those that are from that part of the world are masters at red tape and paperwork. so much so they have tied themselves up in knots with it. Cant see the wood for the trees" comes to mind. Yes, they have been at it long before the Brits arrived on the seen, history reveals. . .