PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates going to USA..due to shortage...
Old 1st Jul 2018, 09:16
flyboyike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mmmbop
JAAirbus Pilot,

Do you understand what Nepotism is? You believe that because you have 5 relatives working at a company that means you should get the job ahead of someone who is better qualified?! I praise that Cargo company because they obviously choose on merit, not on who you know.

From what you have written here is the fact you can't come to terms with - you are not competitive. It's a s simple as that. Harsh? No, its is just factual. But guess what, that's life.

Right now, you are going to 'take your talents' to the Middle East because you have a 'F$#% you, I'll show you' mindset to the American carriers who won't recruit you. You'll get the job in the Middle East. But in the years to come it will end in tears when you realise you are living in a complete sh1thole, completely and totally shattered from the slave-like conditions, and longing for your first world country life. Your comments reek of 'the entitled one.' You think because you have an ATPL you are owed an airline job. Sorry to be the one to break it to you but you're not. And the fact that you have had multiple companies reject you means that you have a weakness or weaknesses that they are all finding and rejecting you on.

So here's some advice and make of it what you want. Look in the mirror and accept that you're not perfect. Contact the companies that rejected you and see if there is somebody sympathetic to your cause who will tell you what the flaw was that they all saw. Then work on fixing it, and applying again when you have.

I did over 7 years in the Middle East, and saw your type frequently. Their sh1t buckets filled astronomically quicker than the rest of ours who went for the right reasons.
I don't know that I entirely agree with your assessment that our friend is displaying a "bleep you" attitude or much of a sense of entitlement. It seems to me more that after some years of lack of success here (for whatever reason), he's willing to look at other options. I don't think that's particularly unhealthy. After all, none of us are getting any younger, and I wouldn't expect him to spend an additional unknown number of years doing the same thing he's been doing just out of some warped sense of duty.