PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Fracas
Thread: Easyjet Fracas
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2018, 08:40
Cmon-PullUP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy

I am not aware of any airline that has this “zero-tolerance regarding people boarding who had had alcohol” - can you explain further?

On those sectors I think I have been informed of <5 occasions where a single individual has appeared to have had too much to drink, and has been declined further service.....in all those instances the individual quietly complied when they realised they had crossed a line, we had no punch ups, no shouting, no police involvement and ultimately a couple of grovelling apologies to the cabin crew at the end of the sector. Do I think we need a total ban, errr, no.
I did not say any airline has that policy. I said it is legal to deny boarding to anyone who is drunk or intoxicated. I also said a lot of crew allow drunk people onboard by not enforcing the letters of the law, at this might be one of the reasons these incidents take place.
By denying drunk people to board, a lot of the problems will be avoided.

It is not "ban them all brigade" as you call it. It is common sense.

Oh, and because you haven't heard of more than 5 occasions on your flight, doesn't mean they don't happen. It often mean the crew don't bother to tell you, because they know you don't care. - Think about that a bit.

Also, - clearly we think differently here - my concern is more for all other pax onboard, and not the culprits who drink too much. I rather offload the drunk, and let the rest have a nice comfortable flight, than be political correct and show considerations to the wrong people.