PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Fracas
Thread: Easyjet Fracas
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2018, 08:09
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yep. A zero-tolerance regarding boarding people who have had alcohol. The rules are in place already, but they are not being enforced by most crew members.
I am not aware of any airline that has this “zero-tolerance regarding people boarding who had had alcohol” - can you explain further?

We do have a policy of zero tolerance to disruptive behaviour (possibly due to alcohol), and we will deny boarding to those who are not fit for travel for whatever reason..

The “ban it all” brigade need to get a sense of proportion....I reckon over the last twelve months I’ve been involved in the carriage of at a rough guess well over 10,000 passengers.

On those sectors I think I have been informed of <5 occasions where a single individual has appeared to have had too much to drink, and has been declined further service.....in all those instances the individual quietly complied when they realised they had crossed a line, we had no punch ups, no shouting, no police involvement and ultimately a couple of grovelling apologies to the cabin crew at the end of the sector. Do I think we need a total ban, errr, no.

If certain airlines are outliers in this and are attracting and encouraging bad behaviour then that is for them to sort out by way of company policy.....

Last edited by wiggy; 1st Jul 2018 at 08:39.