PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2018, 07:56
Lima Juliet

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
If there was a heavy landing and it was reported then there would be Flight Safety report of some kind. However, due to the isolation of VGS at weekends away from the supervision of the full-time staff then it would appear that all sorts of shenanigans may have gone on at times that went un-noticed. It’s very hard to report that in a FOI request if it hasn’t been reported!

But Cadet solos are recorded and would be a simple FOI request. Then you have official records to report on. Also, the number of staff employed again is a simple request. The capitation cost of staff is relatively simple as the wages are available online as well - add 52% for the SCAPE rate for their pensions and the employer’s NIC. The total budget will likely be commercial in confidence because of the contracted companies doing the maintenance. However, you may find a figure in the archives for the contract when it went for tender.

That, I would suggest, would be far more accurate than scuttlebutt on PPRuNe? There is far too much emotion to get an objective figure and hard facts are needed on this one I would suggest? I’m not trying to tell you how to do your job, but trying to point you in the right direction. I enjoy your articles in Pilot magazine, so you have my full respect.