PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Fracas
Thread: Easyjet Fracas
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2018, 23:16
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
No i am not a non drinker, not at all.
I don’t mind having a drink on a flight either. But I honestly could not care less if there was no alcohol on the flights if this enhanced safety.

For me traveling by air is not an event, I have travelled for business more than 20 years before I got professionally involved in aviation.

The combination of Airport drinking and onboard drinking on some flights can be quite severe. Just a visit to some of
the lounges, £15-£20 drink as much as you like for 3 hours!!!
When I travel I always use lounges and see this very often.

One recent flight I was on I saw multiple couples in their
early 60’s, drinking Vodka/ Gin, until they was clearly seriously influenced, ending with them falling asleep.
I have plenty of experience with alcohol, and my general observation was that sure these people was not causing any drunken issues, not being disruptive, but in case of a potential emergency/ evacuation, they would potentially endanger other passengers life due to their condition.

When you travel with your own children, than these are things that come to your mind.

Just because the passengers are not disruptive, does not mean they can not endanger other people’s lives due to their condition due to drinking alcohol.