PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skype and #$%@#$ MS
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2018, 17:48
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Skype and #$%@#$ MS

I've used Skype for years. Mostly for phoning for which I pay per month. EVERY NUMBER I HAVE IS STORED IN IT - yes I have backup, but no good if I can't enter the program.

I'm at my wife's flat with my laptop, totally wrecked with a move out of my borrowed home. 4 days of utter hell.

Now I can't get into Skype. To reset the password, I need to go to my MS account. WTF is that? I have a vague memory of such a thing but that's it. Yes, I'm getting old and passed it, but that's when one becomes more reliant on things not bl@@dy changing. Every call I have to make in the middle of this stressful time is reliant on a well back up list that's as much use right now as a chocolate teapot.

Every way I turn, I'm asked for things I'm not aware of. I can not reset my password without entering the MS domain. The dilemma is, even if I put in every password hidden in my Keepass program, I don't know what to put in the top box. ie, my full name happens to be in there for Skype, That wouldn't be it, so I don't even have a name for an MS account.

So, if I unpack my PC, is there a way I can glean the existing password from that? It auto loads on start and presumably calls a password from somewhere.

This flat is minute, and pristine, and the Rivetess will freak out if I make it look like the houses we've had for the last 50 years. My life is in peril. HELP!