PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to Command...
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2018, 10:50
SID PLATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TurningFinalRWY36
completely agree, massive shame. When I joined my first airline it was discussed also. Sets clear career progression and was told during the process they were looking for people who would make command one day. Cant believe someone would be rejected for being keen and asking those sort of questions. May be best he didn't get in, surely wouldn't be able to handle the sky god mentality
The airline doesn't have a sky god mentality. They were recruiting low hour FO's who were keen to build up experience and knowledge before progressing.
It may have something to do with the eagerness with which this candidate asked his first and only question. Successful candidates asked about salary, basing, time spent away from base etc, before asking the time to command question.

He was perceived as having the wrong priorities. From several hundred original applicants, they were looking for a small final number. The airline could afford to be choosy.

My own airline promoted low hour FO's to the LHS.
Three hours after completing his final command check, one was seen wandering around Tescos in full Captain's uniform.
Might have been worse I suppose, could have been Poundland ... or Weatherspoons..