PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wide Body Time
Thread: Wide Body Time
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2018, 09:26
slowjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATR, it might appear to be "sought after" but it isn't really. It is, simply, a selection device. Oversubscription to a DEC widebody requirement will cause your Selectors to seek the wheat from the chaff. You will quickly appreciate that the recruiters will feel happier with current widebody and even type rated applicants rather than a slimbody. They shouldn't, it makes no difference but they will just feel more inclined.Witness that in most airlines, this kind of type transition is handled without problems almost every day. I was once shoved in the holding pool for a major because i had no "underslung" jet experience ! Good Grief,

Bananasbanas; Good post. Didn't deserve the hand-bag swipe that followed. Didn't agree with all of it though. The nearest alt being 1000 miles away is a good thing isn't it ? Drills complete , decision (easy) complete, intention declared, crew briefed.......................sit back & order a cuppa................eh ? 10 alternates in your field of choice might be more of a head-scratch.

I loved heading out over the N Atlantic in my "Big Twin" even though it was a "slimbody" and after exceeding the range requirement of UK airfield as possible return alternates, the only option was Kef or Goose. Easy. Loved it. Oh, and then, doing the same on a "widebody" made no difference whatsoever.