PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus drivers query
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2018, 08:23
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vilas, I totally agree with you. I really like the company I work for but that’s one thing who grinds my gears: Everytime a cockpit crew screws up they punish everyone with new rules: Before we had no restrictions for the speed until a set of crew were descending d with a managed speed of 335kt; Suddenly speed trend goes inside VMO and both crews diconnected AP and pull up at the same time and injured 1 or 2 cabin crews. After that incident: Instead of teaching the crew that a slight overspeed is fine and that they should not have disconnected the AP, now we are not allowed to fly faster than 310kt/ .78 or .79 during cruise.
Few months ago a captain forgot his passport in a Flight to Pudong. Forgetting passport is a serious thing in China even for turn around flight. Then because of this, now captain is reponsible to check before every flight all the crews have their passport.. Lol. One Fo decided to do a raw data in marginal weather, ended with 20 degres of bank below 100 feet AAL and still continue the landing. Since that, we have now restrictions on raw data: Can not do if cloud base is too low and crosswind more than 15kt... That’s only 3 examples but yeah basically it’s always like this. One guy does a mistake and then everyone pays the price. To be honnest I don’t always follow those new insame rules. Passport should be individual responsability and for the speed, if Atc asked me 320 kt or I need to accelerate cause I’m too high I will do it. I will take responsability if I overspeed.
But still a very good company to work for IMHO. You can still fly raw data, noone cares unless you are unstabilized below 1000 feet and continue to land. And for me the raw data is the most fun part of flying so as long that they don’t take away that from me I won’t complain. xD

Last edited by pineteam; 30th Jun 2018 at 09:06. Reason: typo.