PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to Command...
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2018, 23:39
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cmon-PullUP
Wrong. If you had ever flown with 200 hr F/O's who from day one aspire to be Cpt's, you would know why.

A 200 hour F/O aiming to be the best bloody F/O in the airline is a completely different beast, and would be most welcome in any airline worth their salt.

One need to know the place to be and how to do the assigned job before progressing. The job of a F/O and the job of a Cpt is different.
I think it is worth differentiating between a F/O who thinks they are ready for the LHS when they are not and a F/O who wants to be ready for the LHS and is keen to develop. Managing the former is naturally challenging but it's certainly not impossible to help influence a change of mindset, from the former to the latter. I used to be a trainer in a couple of previous companies and I always enjoyed non training flights with young new F/Os, who were already released to the line but were still keen to learn and push themselves further, rather than simply doing what was expected, despite still being a competant F/O.