PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates going to USA..due to shortage...
Old 29th Jun 2018, 23:33
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mmmbop
JAAirbus Pilot,

Do you understand what Nepotism is? You believe that because you have 5 relatives working at a company that means you should get the job ahead of someone who is better qualified?! I praise that Cargo company because they obviously choose on merit, not on who you know.

From what you have written here is the fact you can't come to terms with - you are not competitive. It's a s simple as that. Harsh? No, its is just factual. But guess what, that's life.

Right now, you are going to 'take your talents' to the Middle East because you have a 'F$#% you, I'll show you' mindset to the American carriers who won't recruit you. You'll get the job in the Middle East. But in the years to come it will end in tears when you realise you are living in a complete sh1thole, completely and totally shattered from the slave-like conditions, and longing for your first world country life. Your comments reek of 'the entitled one.' You think because you have an ATPL you are owed an airline job. Sorry to be the one to break it to you but you're not. And the fact that you have had multiple companies reject you means that you have a weakness or weaknesses that they are all finding and rejecting you on.

So here's some advice and make of it what you want. Look in the mirror and accept that you're not perfect. Contact the companies that rejected you and see if there is somebody sympathetic to your cause who will tell you what the flaw was that they all saw. Then work on fixing it, and applying again when you have.

I did over 7 years in the Middle East, and saw your type frequently. Their sh1t buckets filled astronomically quicker than the rest of ours who went for the right reasons.
Harsh words perhaps but 'Oh so very true' about life in the sandpit. JAAirbus Pilot please take note....

When I lived and worked there a while back (not in an airline but a related industry), it took me all of 9 months to realise what a crock of sh!t it all was, how I was getting sucked into 'Living the Dubai Dream' but how it was actually destroying me. I left and have no regrets about doing so. I'm glad that I went so I know what goes on out there but Bloody Hell, how glad was I to get back to a civilised society where people are treated and respected as people. And don't even get me started about the treatment out there of the labourers. Illiterate workers who were basically treated as slave labour yet expected to know and understand about Western 'norms', yet expected to 'suck it up when they or their mates got killed because of the complete absence of health and safety and their own inexperience with what they were being asked told to do.

Last edited by cargosales; 29th Jun 2018 at 23:45.