PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 29th Jun 2018, 11:02
EC.ICV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day

Okey, quick explanation on how my day went.

Application send: 25/05/2018
Confirmation: same day
Call email: 07/06/2018
Call: 08/06/2018
Assessment: 25/06/2018
Answer: 28/06/2018

The day started as everybody have described before, quick tour showing Ryanair HQ, jokes here and there and so on.
One-hour briefing and then got paired. My colleague and I were the first to go into the sim.

SIM: Liverpool
As PM: we got std SID WAL2T some, qdm, qdr, emergency (toilet fire), no radar service, so full procedural ILS (with a holding), and the PF decided to call for a Go Around as he thought the approach was unstable. Got repositioned and landed with no probs.
As PF: radar vectors departure, qdm, medical emergency, radar vectors to ILS, and landed. To be honest I did a great ILS, but then I landed a bit to too the right of the runway centerline. Captain asked me why and he repositioned me again on final and this time landed on the centerline.

Interview
As everybody says, nothing that haven't been said before, but I will write it, so you won't have to scroll up during 2h.
HR was first:
Why do you want to become a pilot.
Why you left your university degree half a way.
Why did you change of flight school in the middle of your training.
Any others assessments coming up?
If they offer you the job, which one would you choose.
Most difficult part of your training.

Maybe there's another one, but can't remember.
Then before finishing, she asked me If I could start first week of August. And if I would rather the 29.500k contract or the 5000 and 5 years bond one.

After that was the Tech part, very easy, no tricks, really quick. The same captain who did the sim with us, pointed a 737 pic on the wall and started asking questions, about the 737.
How many seats
Engine type
Wing type
How many swept angle
Why swept angle
Hydraulic sys. Pressure. How many pumps per system. What do they power

Then he started to laugh and advised, think the question before answer, you can see it on the picture. How many engines does the 737 have? And I was about to answer 2 when I realized that he was looking for 3, as the APU is an engine.
What systems does the APU power
Difference between the leading edge flaps and slats on the 737.
What does a slat and what a flap.

And that was all. At the end he asked me again when I could start.

I left very happy as I thought I was in because of the type of questions.

The following days were tough, as almost all of you get the positive answer the day after. And when I was thinking the worst because it was the third day after the assessment and no answer yet, suddenly in the afternoon I received the email saying that I was offered the job as cadet.

Hope it helps, every interview is different. As someone has stated before, during the interview they will ask you about what you know, so if for example you're not completely sure how to explain the way a High Bypass engine works, then if they ask you 737 engines, answer just CFM56-7 instead of High Bypass CFM56-7 rated at ...... because then they will ask you about that.
Now waiting for their call and see which dates they offer, so I will post here as soon as I can confirm it.