PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Primera Air
Thread: Primera Air
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2018, 09:32
BA318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USERNAME_
I can all vouch that this is unfortunately all true. The novelty of Long Haul for the new crew has worn off, the pay from ASTA last month (below £900 for majority of crew) which was promised to be fixed this month, remains atrocious and still well below what was promised when we joined.
Facebook groups/chats, whatsapp etc have been filled with hatred for the company, leading to many people being sacked.
It's such a shame, for crew coming from airlines like Monarch to have to deal with this, it's totally unacceptable, management could not care less for the welfare of it's employees. You should just see the dive of a hotel we get thrown into in Boston, would never in a million years find a BA, Virgin or Norwegian crew put up somewhere like that.
People are only staying because no other airlines are recruiting, so we feel like we have to stick it out until the winter recruitment season rolls around, and by that time Primera will have no crew left if it stays the way it is. There is no enthusiasm anymore, nobody wants to be there, which leads to worse customer service because people are only turning up because they have too, what other incentive is there, fantastic lets go to Newark for the 7th time this month on minimum rest for next to no pay, spending more on fuel to get to Stansted than we earn for the actual trip. Lets not forget to mention that not a single member of crew has been paid ANY commission since the airline started, bearing in mind Alicante's and Malaga's are popular for Buy-On-Board, as well as long haul flights, we should in reality be making one of the best wages of all the UK based airlines, yet somehow it seems i'd get more money working part time in a Subway.
Feel ill? or fatigued? Call this Premium rate number in Latvia to contact crewing, spending ridiculous amounts of money on your phone bill while you're at it.
Have a problem? email the base manager or someone with equal authority at the company (Both ASTA and Primera), and receive no response.
I love being Cabin Crew, but I, like every single other member of Primera Air Cabin Crew, am counting down the days until other airlines start taking applications.
The Flight Crew are in equally as bad position, however that's not my place.
Doesn't sound great but not sure what you mean by counting down the days until other airlines start taking applications. Have a look at their websites. A quick look shows BA is recruiting:
Cabin Crew - Heathrow Mixed Fleet, Cabin Crew- Gatwick Fleet, Cabin Crew - Heathrow and Gatwick Mixed Fleet with EASA Attestation. Easyjet are also recruiting Gatwick and Manchester both Temp and Permanent Contracts.