PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Primera Air
Thread: Primera Air
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2018, 22:33
USERNAME_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CW247
I hear all is not well in the camp at Primera with a mass exodus of crew (pilots and cabin crew) about to take place. The agency (ASTA) has been called out for bad practices. Mass sackings of cabin crew following unrest and complaints over scandalous arrangements whereby they don't get paid properly until line check, yet date of line check completely in hands of the company so many cabin crew abused for months at low pay. Also, lawyers telling recent hires that their contracts are worthless. Usual problem with greedy airline management conspiring with agencies with even less spine. Same old, same old. Sigh....
Originally Posted by daz211
not what I’m hearing, I heard the crew are very happy and are being treated well considering the delay in delivery of aircraft. Where did you hear this ? And are you talking about the Stansted crew ?
My contact has been cabin crew since the base opened at Stansted.
Originally Posted by Smooth Airperator
Regarding the above post by CW. This is sadly all true. Things have changed very quickly, crew are seriously pissed. The Facebook groups are filled with rage. Management need to grab this one ASAP and fix the low morale problem. After 3 or 4 trips, the fun factor wears off and people begin to look for things that make the job bearable. Right now a lot has to be said for the way management communicate and care about their employees.
I can all vouch that this is unfortunately all true. The novelty of Long Haul for the new crew has worn off, the pay from ASTA last month (below £900 for majority of crew) which was promised to be fixed this month, remains atrocious and still well below what was promised when we joined.
Facebook groups/chats, whatsapp etc have been filled with hatred for the company, leading to many people being sacked.
It's such a shame, for crew coming from airlines like Monarch to have to deal with this, it's totally unacceptable, management could not care less for the welfare of it's employees. You should just see the dive of a hotel we get thrown into in Boston, would never in a million years find a BA, Virgin or Norwegian crew put up somewhere like that.
People are only staying because no other airlines are recruiting, so we feel like we have to stick it out until the winter recruitment season rolls around, and by that time Primera will have no crew left if it stays the way it is. There is no enthusiasm anymore, nobody wants to be there, which leads to worse customer service because people are only turning up because they have too, what other incentive is there, fantastic lets go to Newark for the 7th time this month on minimum rest for next to no pay, spending more on fuel to get to Stansted than we earn for the actual trip. Lets not forget to mention that not a single member of crew has been paid ANY commission since the airline started, bearing in mind Alicante's and Malaga's are popular for Buy-On-Board, as well as long haul flights, we should in reality be making one of the best wages of all the UK based airlines, yet somehow it seems i'd get more money working part time in a Subway.
Feel ill? or fatigued? Call this Premium rate number in Latvia to contact crewing, spending ridiculous amounts of money on your phone bill while you're at it.
Have a problem? email the base manager or someone with equal authority at the company (Both ASTA and Primera), and receive no response.
I love being Cabin Crew, but I, like every single other member of Primera Air Cabin Crew, am counting down the days until other airlines start taking applications.
The Flight Crew are in equally as bad position, however that's not my place.