PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates going to USA..due to shortage...
Old 28th Jun 2018, 17:39
JAAirbusPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
  • I have been told by 2 major airlines (one stating that I am essentially not good enough for them and to never come back DESPITE being offered the job on day 1)
  • Also been rejected IMMEDIATELY after applying to one major cargo airline (despite having 5 relatives that work for said company)
  • I have done 5 years of job fairs (OBAP, NGPA, WIA) and begged for a job from people who I have no connection with.
  • I also got the empty encouragement of "Wait, you haven't gotten a call? Don't worry, you'll get a call soon."
Based on this, and other factors as well, I, as a US pilot, choose to take my talents elsewhere. CLEARLY I am not meant for any US major airline, even when they are so called "desperately" hiring pilots. So, why stay and beg?
No job is perfect. Proof is in me sitting in a US major jumpseat with a captain making 400k/year without trying and STILL bitching.
Right now, I have one interview with one of the ME-3, and another potentially coming up soon. I did my research, so I'm going with my eyes open.

Let the judgement begin ...