PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2018, 07:48
Chugalug2

Received 232 Likes on 72 Posts
Lima Juliet:-
Never heard of it, but then I have only been flying Her Majesty’s finest for over a quarter of a century! As OAP says, Aircrew Manual, FRCs, etc... yes
Ditto (albeit many many years ago). I think we are getting to the nub here. The system worked in my day because everybody did their job properly. I drove the airworthy aircraft provided iaw FRCs Flying Orders Manuals etc, others like tuc ensured that the aircraft were airworthy iaw the Regulations. Then some RAF VSOs in the late 80s/early 90s decided to subvert all that by ordering those like tuc to suborn the regs for short term financial savings, thus instantly ensuring unairworthiness. When those like tuc defied the illegal orders they were disciplined, hounded, and got rid of, thus instantly ensuring that any wish to regain lost airworthiness became impossible due to the lack of knowledge and skills. The great unwashed (like LJ and me) didn't miss what they never knew, that is until the internet and this very forum connected all the resulting tragedies that inevitably followed. Anyone who followed those various airworthiness related fatal accident threads now has a good grasp of the importance of airworthiness and the cost in blood and treasure of its lack.

As tuc says, the villains in this scandal have far more rings on their sleeves than Commandant 2FTS. He may have spoiled your fun, but he probably saved your life or someone else's at least! It is the various RAF VSOs that plunged UK Military Aviation into this morass, and even more so those who protected them by maintaining a cover up ever since, who should be castigated and brought to book rather than the various JOs and SOs offered up by the Star Chamber as scapegoats.