PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2018, 17:05
ROC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blakedean
The DUB operation is also a mess lately. Friday’s TFS was cancelled, rescheduled for 0540 Saturday morning, didn’t depart until around 1530. The same afternoons KGS was cancelled & rescheduled for Sunday. Had a BY 757 in Saturday & Sunday to clear the backlog. The Monday night BOJ returned shortly after departure, was flown yesterday by a BY 787. They’ve had more problems in the previous weeks but they’re the only problems I know of first hand.
Yeah, TOM have had to send their own aircraft over (737/757/787) to DUB lots to cover the SWG aircraft. There have been a couple of occasions where I’ve noticed DUB-PMI often running 12+ hours late on a 787.

A 757 was also in NWI recently covering there. I haven’t noticed as many problems at BFS or LBA but sure there have been some.

I'm sure problems with Sunwing's reliability in the past has pushed TOM to move their own aircraft to bases (I.e. EDI which has now had a TOM plane based for around five years having previously being Sunwing) but they simply don’t have the spare capacity right now. Perhaps when the MAXs arrive they will but those are primarily to replace the 757s so I can’t see there being a lot of expansion, but possibly some. GLA, CWL and DSA are all set to gain an aircraft next summer too.