PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did you brake hard anytime in your flying career?
Old 27th Jun 2018, 15:31
neilki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anchors...

Originally Posted by carnival30
Hello all,

Today I had to brake hard (B738) to take a left turn on a taxiway as I almost crossed abeam it. It was a mistake and I should have continued and ask for reclearance than braking hard and making it somehow. Cabin crew informed she had a very minor injury and all passengers were ok. This is the first time I have committed a mistake like this and its bugging me a lot inside. Did you have to brake hard anytime in your career? What would have been the correct actions in such situation?

Thanks in advance.
Congratulations on your first mistake! I loose count most days.
I envy your European and Middle Eastern open expanses of concrete. Here in the the US we can be a little constrained by rivers, buildings and oceans.
KLGA & KDCA are my fave stations to use 3000PSI of hydraulic effort. A mile or so of runway and an exciting transition to large bodies of water..
On landing everyone is strapped in. Taxiing out is another matter all together and planning braking distances ahead of time makes the hotel shuttle ride less unpleasant...
~