PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit and UK licences
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2018, 08:03
BONES_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this is quite unlikely. If they do this, they would have to call anyone wich has an UK ATPL exam credit [...]
I agree, it would be a distater. But remember this mess is so complicated and it could lead to very nasty consequences (hopefully not); especially if no transition period is agreed (ie we would go down the cliff!)

Remember NAAs aren’t particularly interested where the 14 exams have been done, but they’ll certainly check COMPLIANCE, MARKS and WHEN. Some NAA even state on the actual licence that ATPL examination credits have been passed. If someone has achieved an EASA licence before 30th March 2019 (say a Spainish or Irish one issued with UK theory), that’s totally academic: It’s still a full EASA licence. It would be irrelevant where all the various requirements have been satisfied because all various tests, LSTs/LPCs would have been EASA compliant.

As someone said above licence in your hand is a different situation. However, when coming to upgrading to ATPL you’d have to go through effectively the same process of applying for a new licence: and that means re-checking COMPLIANCE, MARKS and more critically this time WHEN the 14 exams have been passed. And that could be a very grey area.

Don’t get me wrong, i’m not trying to shoot you down. I do sincerely hope common sense prevail as too much for many is at stake here; however considering the caliber of modern politicians and the very limited time left, i’m not very confident... unless of course either the UK make a step back or the EU some sort of concession.

This is a situation where people should plan very carefully and “hope for the best but plan for the worse”...