PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit and UK licences
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2018, 12:13
tescoapp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have seen what people have gone through to get type ratings put on there Spanish licenses. In one case it took so long that they had to go and do the LST and circuits again. And there was no change in the paper work during the whole exercise. But to be fair I have seen someone go through nearly the same thing with the UK caa using a German Sim and TRE for a type rating.

What ever the above posters says every CAA is very happy and good bring pilots onto their books for a fee, They all seem to cause issues when transferring out. Germany its impossible apparently won't release medical records. When I transferred mine away from the UK out of 5 of us mine was the first back from UK, Sweden, France, Spain and Greece. I was 7 weeks and the worst was Greece at over 14 weeks. There was mistakes in my records as well showing I had been flying without a valid rating for over a year. Thankfully the Local CAA took the signature on the back of the license and we agreed not to put the old rating on the license. The other guys had similar "mistakes" I presume if I had to get it corrected it would have been another 7 weeks. So I am no fan of the UK CAA either.

So I agree you can only "try" and out smart them but its not guaranteed. You may even get the IR issued no problems then when it comes to get an ATPL issued there is a problem. Hence me suggesting after you get your CPL etc issued you transfer again to the Irish CAA. The more hops then less paper work travels with you. Irish will only get your medical records and a transcript of your valid dates and won't see any paper work from your CPL issue.

This is all personal theory of mine how to play it. I don't have a clue what's going to happen and nobody else does either. Its just how I would play it in your situation.