PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - tattoos and pilot training
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2018, 07:32
Chris Martyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Wowee,,,,,,,,,doesn't take long for threads to get fiery on here sometimes duzzit...?
Accusations of intolerance , bigotry , cries of appeal to the moderators . Come along now guys . David , our OP puts a simple and straightforward question ! He's currently undergoing PPL training and has asked if having a small tattoo will jeopardise his recruitment prospects if he applies to the airlines . He could well apply as c/crew as a stop-gap while he completes his CPL training , so this post is as relevant here as it would be on any other area of the forum.
Is it a good idea ? Well , if it's about 2" x 2",,,,,, [sorry , don't like metric],,,,,he probably will get away with it . I'm not saying he definitely will ,,,but he probably will.
Would I have a tattoo ? Definitely no ! But if people opt for a small personal one which isn't likely to get the net-curtains twitching and doesn't encroach on bad taste [ and won't be seen at a job interview],, then that doesn't make them a bad person does it .
Good luck with the PPL training David and also with the CPL bit . Personally , I would raid the 'tattoo budget' and add it onto the flying budget . But that's just me..
Look at it this way David , if a certain bloke called Beckham had put his tattoo budget somewhere else , then he wouldn't look such a twerp would he ?..