PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 25th Jun 2018, 19:00
Cpd87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, hope everyone is well?

Im new to this forum and have been looking through this thread for a little while now, but I have a slightly different view about the Jet2 ‘Pilot Apprentice’ program, and I just felt like I should share it.

As I read it, it isn’t the kind of thing you sign up for for three years and end up with an ATPL at the end of it. I believe the requirements state that you need your fATPL already in order to apply. You then work your way round the various departments within the company (cabin crew, ground ops etc etc), presumably to show your commitment to Jet2 and pasion for eventually becoming a pilot, and in return they bond you the money for the type rating to ultimately get you in the right hand seat.

Although working your way around the company doing every job other than flying for a while doesn’t sound ideal, especially when you have your fATPL in your hand, but trying to find an aditional £30k for a type rating after leaving flight school is probably quite tricky for a lot of people too. You have to pay Jet2 the money back of course, but surely it’s better than going to a bank, with your hat in your hand asking for a(nother) loan?

This is just the way I have read it, and I haven’t gone over it with a fine-toothed comb, so I am open to correction.