PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2003, 21:32
WALLEY2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPT into CTAF

Everyone needs to take a breath and understand the facts.

There are no CTAF airports in Australia where large RPT aircraft with 100s of fellow Aussies on board mix it with unannounced GA, we do not mix 737-800 with NORAD aircraft.

BASI 1991 Limitation to see and avoid: Explained why (physilogically) at closing speeds of 400kms/hr the human eye could not see small unannounced a/c in time.

BASI recommendation NO RPT a/c into CTAF.

CASA 2002 Risk Analysis MBZ/CTAF mathmatically modelled using traffic survey data found that the risks associated with CTAF was unacceptable at airports with traffic approaching 20,000 movements per annum.

John and Martha King (nice folks) advised no airports in USA has 737 RPT landing at CTAF A/Ps

The unissued report by Australian Delegates to USA for NAS investigation says no Jet RPT into CTAF infact virtually no Jet RPT in class G unless under radar and ATC.

Here I do have a problem if we fund a delegation to the USA then the stakeholders in the industry should be given a copy of that report even if it is detrimental to the NAS IG position.

As I said on another thread:

NO DATA, NO ANALYSIS, NO PROOF then NO CHANGE.

This same dictum should apply to enroute changes aswell.

I would love to see some debate on the enroute changes clearly laying out the changes advantages and risk analysis.

May I suggest the "bug buster,bus driver,union w@nker" stuff be left at the door,it contributes nothing to the debate on this important aviation issue.