PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2018, 10:31
nighthawk117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inOban
Just been following the Beijing flight as it approached journey's end. Anyone know why it takes such a strange route with several abrupt changes of direction after it crosses into China?
Incidentally the schedule seems very generous. 9h 40. rather than the 10.50 allowed.
Chinese airspace is very restricted, with only a handful of narrow airways in which commercial traffic is permitted - the rest is all reserved for military operations. Most flights over China seem to take a weird routing as a result of this.

Delhi is a very strong rumour and is one to watch out for.
I'd be a little surprised at this to be honest. I always look at what MAN has first before looking at what is possible from EDI. With it's bigger catchment, MAN tends to attract the carriers first, with Scotland normally following a few years later. Take Hainan for example. MAN does not currently have a direct flight to India, although there are rumours of that being added soon. Perhaps it will be a double drop with EDI, but personally I think any Indian carriers looking to expand will do so to MAN before they look to add EDI.

Orlando is certainly a possibility. Virgin hinted they may add more service from EDI - I can see them taking over the Delta flights and maybe adding a flight to Orlando once weekly.