PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2018, 09:28
Prophead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, are those opposing the project suddenly only allowed to have a single reason ?
Not at all but I wish they would start backing them up with more than just hot air when asked to do so rather than just moving on to yet another reason based on conjecture.

Many of the investors putting in huge sums of money to this project have no reason to support LHR other than as an investment product. They don't care about extra flights to LHR or the UK regions. All they care about is getting a return and if the case didn't add up they would not be investing. These investment houses spend big money hiring the best financial and business experts in the world to verify the case and you need to jump through many hoops to prove you have a robust case in order to get the £bn's required. The same goes for the planning process.

It therefore requires more than just individuals with a bias making up flawed financial predictions on the internet or in the media to condemn the whole business case for me i'm afraid. We are constantly told there needs to be more scrutiny over the plans and the figures need to be forensically analysed. As the delays to this project have cost so much and left us so far behind I think it is time for more scrutiny around the so called facts and figures used by the anti LHR brigade if we are to let it be delayed further.

They could start by answering the above and telling us about these 4,449 international flights that LBA will lose backed up with some kind of fact.