PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shareholder revolt looms at VA
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2018, 02:03
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bullwinkle

Had JB ever been at the helm of a large company before Virgin? No!
JT held a comparable position at Virgin to JB’s position at QANTAS.
The big difference was JT understood how an airline actually operates. JB still doesn’t have a clue.
You’d have to search pretty hard to find any frontline staff who can’t wait for JB to go.
Conversely, almost all of the actual workers at Virgin are hoping that JT will return.
Staff engagement plays a major role in a successful business and sadly, there has been very little staff engagement under the current executive management.
Bring back JT and “Make Virgin Great Again”
I thought the rumor was that he got the chop, amongst other things, because he agreed with Pilots that it was illogical that they not ride in business class positioning to effect the operation of an aircraft because of ‘product dilution’ but that the product isn’t affected by the image of the most visible company employee sitting up there... JB lost me when he perpetrated that bit of narcissistic BS that his a/se was ok to be in business class but not a Pilot who’s next duty is up the front flying 250-300 people back across the country... that just fails the logic test and renders him a narcissist who thinks his —— doesn’t stink... with that, he can’t be a leader in any sense baecause that alone makes him a pompous idiot. It’s the classic ‘I am’ but ‘you’re not’ statement. Well, tell you what, hold a gathering of him and Pilots and I wouldn’t even bother talking to him... if memory serves he was a self important sales ****** at QF too... don’t know how the ‘messiah’ tag got attached to him... never stood out at any time.
The only decent senior exec I think VA had in the last 5 years was the former CIO. Don’t know JT but if the rumor is true, he’s probably worth a shot.
Really the whole thing has got to the point where a trained chimpanzee could do better. The comments on here, many of them, just reinforce the impression by the people the MRB has pushed forward that he is one of these image over substance people... used to call people like that ‘mud guard’... all shiny on top and a lot of rubbish underneath.