PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2018, 23:40
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Midland Alpha9
PDXCWL on this occasion I flew in with Ryanair not sure of stand number but it was quite a walk (for Cardiff) I would agree normally no complaints about timings etc but ironically my previous flight through CWL was an easyjet diversion from BRS and the ground staff were not particularly helpful which I put down to the pressure of disruption and diversions but last friday we were the only arrival at 1850.
In my vast global experience within aviation I have come across many monopoly or duopoly suppliers with performance levels that drags the reputation of the airline and more importantly in this case the airport into disrepute which i feel should be challenged after all the hard effort (which I am aware of) to make CWL a success once again.
So you're talking a 737 from Tenerife or Faro. Both being a popular holiday destination where there is often a high number of checked in luggage. Anywhere between 100-150 bags. It's likely the flight was busy and given FR's new hand luggage policy there will often be lots more hand luggage to unload as well. You could be talking 50-100+ additional hand luggage of passengers that aren't priority boarding. So anywhere really between 150-250 bags to offload that will likely be split between 2 holds. That's charter 757 loads which get an hour turnaround.
It doesn't matter who the handling agent is, the performance will be the same.
I really don't think one flight which delivered bags within the time stipulated by the Airline (And likely the Airport that will have it's own SLA's with a handler) is any cause for concern or is even worth of a topic. If it was a continuing trend then it would be something to worry about. This isn't.