PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Applied for Lift Academy
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2018, 23:37
BIMMERKID21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Applied for Lift Academy

with the recent annoucement of Republic Airways setting up a pilot training program, and having always wanted to become a pilot, but no easy way to become a pilot, I thought I would give this a shot. I grew up in foster care and when I graduated High School in 2006, I went onto college, but the grant and scholarships i had, as i was told, wouldn't pay towards the aviation program they had in their school, so I went down a rabbit hole of going after a degree that I was steered towards by the advisors. When I graduated however, the economy was in the tank and I couldn't find jobs in the field that I had studied, so I went working on the Oil fields in North Dakota a while doing service industry work. I am now currently living in Wisconsin and have a CDL B and drive school bus and charter bus. Might be getting into another outfit a shorthaul CDL B delivery driver.

A pilot friend of mine found out about the program Republic was starting and had heard about it through his union, so he forwarded me all the details about it. I applied and now have been contacted that I was selected to move through to the next phase of the selection process, which is a 15 minute video interview. I am hoping it goes well.. Any tips for me?