PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2018, 17:00
Midland Alpha9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
Midland Alpha 9
I'm just curious but which airline did you fly with and do you know what stand you parked on?
My experience of CWL is with Flybe and KLM both operate Embraers. Flybe have usually parked on stand 1 or 3 and 10 while KLM always go on 9 and my luggage has always pretty quick to get to the baggage hall maybe because the handlers don't have far to go as they would if the aircraft was parked on say stand 12. My experience has generally been leaving the airport roughly 30 mins after landing with luggage.
PDXCWL on this occasion I flew in with Ryanair not sure of stand number but it was quite a walk (for Cardiff) I would agree normally no complaints about timings etc but ironically my previous flight through CWL was an easyjet diversion from BRS and the ground staff were not particularly helpful which I put down to the pressure of disruption and diversions but last friday we were the only arrival at 1850.
In my vast global experience within aviation I have come across many monopoly or duopoly suppliers with performance levels that drags the reputation of the airline and more importantly in this case the airport into disrepute which i feel should be challenged after all the hard effort (which I am aware of) to make CWL a success once again.