PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air traffic control Strikes France and Barcelona
Old 24th Jun 2018, 10:52
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tigger

Regarding the mention of the Toulouse cancellation, I submitted a claim for compensation which was agreed and the following explanation was offered:

"We sincerely regret the cancellation of your flight xxxx on the 10/06/2018 which was due to an unexpected airport facility issue."
That's very interesting...I smell something....Assuming I've got this right and we are most definitely talking about a flight into TLS on 10 June then just so you know I flew into TLS that very evening on a flight that operated, albeit slightly late ( just under an hour). I also just happen to know all that airline's earlier UK-TLS flights had operated into Blagnac successfully that day, and AFAIK there were no problems at the airport, though the flights did suffer delays due "enroute" slots. I wonder what this "unexpected airport facility issue" was 'cos it was all working at Blagnac when I arrived....anyhow glad you got compensation

Since I have a special interest in TLS flights I've been watching what has going on with the strikes and as ATC watcher has said:

1. TLS are "covered" by Bordeaux and so whilst there have been delays they have not been as effected as much as some airports to the east, and

2.The cancelling is being done by the airlines - one in particular. As usual some operators are obviously prepared to try and operate on Strike days , some are deciding to not even try.