PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Aerodrome Mk III
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2018, 09:21
Heathrow Harry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let us work on this .............

The glider wing in the foreground has an RAF-style roundel on it -but I'm sure that's not the UK and it red centre looks to have a symbol in it - so maybe Australia, Canada or New Zealand. I think if it was a maple leaf it would be more obvious so lets try on Oz or NZ..

The guy assisting with what looks like a Slingsby T-21 (not to be found in many countries) has an Aussie style hat on but that could be anywhere these days. Aussie T-21's used for cadet training had the words "Air Cadet" plastered all over them but this could be a civvie glider. The dH (.....ah! de Havilland) also makes a Commonwealth location probable.

The aerial shot looks very flat and very wet - those look like paddy fields or similar to me and the large house right centre has a "tropic" look to it - including what may be a red metal zinc roof... - very SE Asia... but a lack of scrubby little villages, motorbikes, animals and atap huts

Quite dry in the airfield pictures... starting to think about Queensland - aerial shot taken in or around "The Wet" and the others in local winter.........

but most Aussie strips of any size have Runway numbers..........................