PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air traffic control Strikes France and Barcelona
Old 24th Jun 2018, 07:22
SINGAPURCANAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mandatory cost reductions
Does it include menagement positions and salaries with benefits or we just talking about other cost reduction? As an example give us the name of ATC manager who get reduction of salary because of lack planning, inability to organize job, or lack of strategic thinking in order to prevent traffic disruption ( especially in state owned ANSPs in Europe)

imposed by the Eur Commission ( the so called RP2 and PR3 mandatory cost reductions ) in ATM costs
What is the connection( i.e hierarchy responsibility) between EU and Eurocontrol -CRCO ??

Cost reductions leading to reduction/shortage staff,
after more than 20 years of carrier in European ATC I would like to ask some question ( hope that I will learn something at the end of discussion),
How the hell we don't have enough ATCOs, sectors and associated equipment if CRCO pays all our costs???
i.e. If we need 20 atcos, than we take money from CRCO to hire them, train them and employ them. Whole system is based on real costs. There is no profit neither loss in the system of ANSPs . The same applicable to equipment and other costs. Yes, I know that we should aim to reduce cost per aircraft, that is legal and logic, but we can't reduce costs below money that is the necessary to run safe business. If we need 20 atcos than we need it. We can't do business without people. It is not possible to reduce these costs ,and I think if we find real financial documents that nobody in Europe reduce costs for hiring new people. Salaries are on rise, management benefits business trips and other costs are also on rise, but we are unable to deliver primary task - to handle traffic.
Thanks for clarification,