PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air traffic control Strikes France and Barcelona
Old 24th Jun 2018, 06:23
ImageGear

As we're a two hour drive to Nice, we'd really like to know whether their flight is one of the ' hundreds of flights cancelled ' according to UK newspapers before we set off.
I am in Antibes and was expecting someone arriving on the Easy flight to Nice, from Bristol. Easy were useless in posting the true state of affairs and must have only decided not to cancel at the last minute. I have learned over many years to put more trust in FR24 or Flightaware because if I see the aircraft taxying out, accelerating down the runway, or approaching TOD, my estimate for arrival in the terminal with be well ahead of anything they put on the boards or show on their website.

Yesterday, at one stage the website only showed "Go to departures, almost 2 hours after the flight was supposed to have gone. At least, when the ADS-B squawk appears, I know something is happening. I can only imagine what the Nice passengers would think if they could know what the situation was in Bristol. Our passenger sat in the cabin for at least 30 mins before anything started moving, and you won't see that on the board.

French ATC delays are one thing, a lack of information from Easy just compounds the issue.

IG