PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-VIIO Las Vegas
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2018, 00:35
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by AVR4000
It is almost painful to hear the lack of fire communication from ATC in this case, it is like crew were "expected" to figure everything out on their own. It is pretty clear that ATC saw what's happened since they started to issue go-around commands and closed the runway but not a single word about the fire being serious.
I agree. I'm sitting there trying to work out what is going on. What do you guys want, everybody to be polite and stay quiet until I ask? The aeroplane's majorly on fire, FFS ATC should keep calling me until I respond! "BA, there's a large fire underneath your centre fuselage!". "Tell ATC to be quiet, I'm busy", while I continue to "Diagnose?". I don't think so.

Originally Posted by tdracer
Are you seriously advocating a single button that would shutdown all the engines? You don't see a problem with that?
Put it on a squat switch. What could possibly go wrong?

Originally Posted by NTSB
The relief pilot told a cabin crewmember to get ready to evacuate and, after returning to the flight deck, stated (at 1615:50), "doesn't look good to me." Also at that time, the CVR recorded a sound similar to the interphone (a call from the cabin to the flight deck), which was not answered.
Methinks that should be 1613:50.

Video again, for a refresh...

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 24th Jun 2018 at 01:19.