PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight test programme - EASA example document
Old 23rd Jun 2018, 21:29
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
I suspect that you are somewhat accurate there Jason.

Unfortunately, in my experience across universities that try to dabble in flight testing, at best 1 in 4 have somebody with any flight test experience on the teaching staff, and perhaps 1 in 10 (a bit better than that in the USA, maybe) have a test pilot on the teaching staff. Regrettably neither the universities, nor their overseeing external examiners usually seem to see the problem with this and so they continue to take on projects and students with ambitions substantially beyond the academic staff's competence. Hence why we should be generous with our help here - this might have been many of us in our early 20s as incipient professionals hoping to make our way into the flight test professions.

One which topic - Pawel, I'd recommend being as open as you are able about your thesis objectives. There are a lot of very experienced and well qualified people here (of whom I'm certainly not amongst the best, although I can hold my own in certain environments) and the odds are the better we understand your objectives, the better help you'll get.

G