PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from the worst company in PNG and most likely the world.
Old 23rd Jun 2018, 20:48
Semi Rigid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigMike
Who is accepting 1200 hr pilots?
If you would like to work up there, have the common sense not to apply unless you have the relevant experience... it is no place for the inexperienced.
If do meet the requirements, do not accept less than equal tours, or the basic going rate. You are shafting everyone if you accept less, and your reputation in the industry will be damaged if you do.
Why?
I am in PNG full time and it’s great. Shove the balus’s & contant airport terminals & hotels with month on/off gig.
It’s bs re. the minimums required. Everyone is different and I know pilots who have started up here with 400-500 hours total & they still chugging along and very competent utility pilots. No reason a pilot can’t be employed here with 1k total hours. It’s all about gradually indoctrinating them into best practice operations png. Don’t sign them off on external load ops or above 8k’ straight away.
Close supervision. Plenty of orientation flights and get them using zero/zero techniques all the time & in confined areas because as long as my butt points to the ground, sooner or later they are going to do a power check before landing at a remote location & due to the conditions there isn’t enough power to come to an IGEH so it’s either go find somewhere to spot load them in or be sure your zero/zero skills are on point.