PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus warns about no-deal Brexit
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2018, 09:25
Hussar 54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VinRouge
Not at all. It's a practical fact. Brexiteers, the majority of who are within zimmerframe distance of the pearly gates will be soon gone. Or certainly enough of them, to then get a reunification referendum in. I predict a maximum of 5 years before the nuclear wasteland that will result from brexit will be reversed.

And once enough do, the majority of sensible younger people will crucify the remainder of whom voted for this madness.

It's bad enough that a generation that will become dependent on a health service that had over a 30% immigrant workforce didn't figure that they were voting in a reduced service.

Ah well, I guess Darwin was right.

My € 20 against your € 5 that there'll be no EU to rejoin by the time the snowflake generation have managed to stop hallucinating.

The original Common Market, on the other hand, absolutely - and if that was still the case today, without the political bolleaux that it has now become, Airbus et al wouldn't have caused this thread.

I can't comment on the NHS, other than to point out that the UK Government, whether in our out of the EU, will be free to 'import' as many EU and non-EU nationals as it needs post-Brexit, whether for the NHS or any other industry. Hospitals in Portugal are staffed 35% plus by Cubans and Angolans because of the number of Portuguese medics working outside of Portugal. Hospitals here are staffed 25% plus by medics from Nth Africa and the Middle East, mainly because they're cheaper than French nationals but also because many of them have left to work in UAE.

The NHS in the UK is hardly unique in needing to employ both EU nationals and non-EU nationals, when required, to meet patient demand.