PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is This Standard Procedure for AirAsia?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2018, 01:02
b1lanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tdracer
I recall watching a wave of fog moving through the cabin after they opened the door after landing on a flight from Singapore to Jakarta many moons ago (I was in First Class for the flight, very near the door - I'm sure it dissipated as it moved aft) (A300 IIRC).
Another time, again in Jakarta - this time waiting for departure to Denpasar - the Swiss lady sitting next to me started to panic thinking the fog coming out of the ECS vents was smoke. I needed to explain to her what was going on... (MD80).
Sloppy Joe is right - must have been a slow news day so they made something up...
The Fokkers used to fog up (a lot) after the door was shut, AC backed away from the gate and power applied to taxi. Their cooling ability at the gate was terrible. It was not uncommon for the crew to make an announcement to pax that it was only water vapor and would clear once the cabin cooled down and please keep all shades down while at the gate. It was also interesting to hear the rattling of ice pellets migrate from the front of the cabin (up top) to the rear when rotating.