PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 21:27
LostWanderer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by vee1-rotate
The USCIS and Department of Labor are constantly doing inspections of workplaces and of employees to ensure they are following the guidelines of their E3s (and all work visas for that matter), and will go through all your paperwork. Not something to screw with particularly with the current political climate.
Periodic lurker here, first poster. I have been following this thread for awhile with interest but feel compelled to add my 2 cents. Vee1 is quite correct, If you don't have a bachelors in aviation or the required years of industry experience in lieu of said degree then please be extra extra careful with this process guys! As mentioned above, it's a pretty dangerous game to play at the moment. I know for a fact that these E3 visas being granted for pilots (and possibly other industries) are starting to come under much more scrutiny by the consulates and likely other departments - as Mr/Ms Vee1 says, audits can and do happen. Interestingly, I believe I have even read a few people mention recruitment at a few airlines are starting to tighten the bolts a little too in the requirement for a degree or 12 years flying experience.

My understanding is airlines can file the paperwork for anyone to take to a consulate, but from my experience - also a number of renewals under my belt - its on you to be honest about your qualifications and if you actually meet the specific E3 requirements at the end of the day. It's really not a good idea to just hope you get an easy consulate staff member.

Gosh I hate being negative, be really great having more Aussies flying in the US but play it safe lads, you don't want be looking over your shoulder all the time wondering if your US adventure is coming to a premature end. Can be an extremely costly exercise!