PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus warns about no-deal Brexit
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 19:28
Burnt Fishtrousers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the aviation industry coming to the conclusion these huge leviathans such as the A380 are yesterdays fad, to such an extent Boeing no longer produce the 747 in passenger config, this puts a question mark financially over the future of the A380. If i was an Airline boss wanting to procure a new fleet bearing in mind i could run and purchase 2 787s for one A380 with the same range id go for Boeing. Are Airbus really really stupid enough to cripple themselves financially to suit some political dogma... i think not although having said that , if Airbus are as badly run as the EU i could actually see this happening...its merely political posturing. BMW are joining the band wagon..next week When Trump decides to levy a 20% tariff on all EU cars, guess who is best placed to produce EU cars outside the EU...its all rhetoric which defies sound business logic. Boeing must be laughing at all this and Airbus are doing a great job acting as Boeing's P R...I wouldnt be wanting to procure an aircraft from Airbus if there are going to be interruptions or delays to my potential order, or increased costs due to a very odd business decision. The disruption this would have on Airbus defies all rational belief and it must be embarrasing for Tom Williams to trott out such politically motivated garbage as he been told to do so by the Airbus puppet masters