PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 19:25
vee1-rotate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it's all well and good that companies are requiring you to hold a bachelors degree ... however, what they aren't stating it seems is that the degree has to be specific to the job you are applying for in the US. I'm going on my 5th E3 renewal in a non-flying aviation job, so I know a few things about the E3.

You can't just have any bachelors degree ... a degree in general business management, or arts etc etc will not pass with the consulate if you are going for a flying position. So in this case, you must have some kind of aviation degree. Granted it seems from this thread, some have been able to pass through the consulate interview either without a degree, or with a different degree, however I would be VERY careful. There is a very real chance that although you may pass the consulate interview and be given an E3, if you have given false information or they realize they have made a mistake in approving you, your E3 can be revoked very easily at any time. Not something you want happening if you have just signed a lease on a car or apartment, spent thousands of dollars setting yourself up in the US etc.

The USCIS and Department of Labor are constantly doing inspections of workplaces and of employees to ensure they are following the guidelines of their E3s (and all work visas for that matter), and will go through all your paperwork. Not something to screw with particularly with the current political climate.