PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus warns about no-deal Brexit
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 16:31
Steve6443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathrow Harry
Why SHOULD they do anything??

We're the ones who brought this fandango on ................... why should they spend any time or money on it? Would we do the same if things were reversed???
Harry, please, they brought it on themselves. They should have negotiated in good faith with David Cameron. My proposal would have been: 1) no benefit for benefits tourists for at least 6 months 2) all benefits payments made to EU citizens in a foreign country can be recouped from their home country. 3) Convicted criminals can be deported and refused entry for a period equal to 5 times the duration of the prison sentence they received.

Had the EU made an offer like that, then Brexit would have never happened, instead they decided to tell the Brits 'take it or leave it' - so, are you still claiming the Brits brought this upon themselves? It takes two to Tango....

Now, going back to Airbus, as others have said, and I've said it in other threads, it staggers me that wings are still produced in UK when it would be more efficient and certainly more cost effective to produce them on the continent. Nobody can fault Airbus, they are a shareholder owned company and they are looking for the best for their shareholders. Unfortunately GB is no longer a shareholder, not even a minority shareholder. Even if Brexit didn't happen, I'm pretty sure there would, sooner or later, have been moves afoot to move the jobs abroad. Or put it another way: did Brexit cause the Transit van production to move abroad? This is just a heaven sent idea for Airbus to claim that 'it's not our fault we are doing this'.