PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 121.5 the new football hotline?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 14:38
Ian W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aerobat77
well, in an open forum he may or may not be a former atc guy , we simply do not know .
the same applies to people who claim to speak from actual experience .

in any way no need to argue , in real world this theme is a non issue and pilots and atc appreciate it , only here most of you see it dramatic .

best regards
You can find my mini resume by clicking on my name and reading my profile. I spent a long time at Scottish Centre working in Distress and Diversion where we were less busy but when people had a problem they were normally in a more parlous state and further away from help and radio receivers. The case I was quoting was a call in from a light civil aircraft near Malin head, the aircraft in the sea had some sarbe on 121,5 that we couldn't hear and back chat on 121.5 was not an assistance. We had multiple receivers and that meant we heard all the farmyard impressions from 'professional pilots' who could not hear what was going on 600 miles away from them. Luckily the light GA pilot an amateur was more professional in approach than the airline pilots and we got a crew out of the water.