PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 13:12
bafanguy

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
So, from the US Embassy in Canberra, this info re E3 qualifications. Are those E3s coming North, but without a 4 year degree, actually having to show 12 years aviation experience to qualify ? Is that the actual experience people are confronted with lately ?:

I do not hold a bachelor’s degree or higher. Can I apply for the E-3 visa based on my work experience?

• U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, 8 CFR 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(D), describes the kind and amount of experience which can be used to establish the equivalency of a university degree. As a guide, three years of professional experience may generally be used as a substitute for each year of university-level educatio. This means you would need to show 12 years experience in the field you are applying to work in. During their visa interviews, applicants for U.S. work visas should be prepared to provide documentation outlining their work history, education, and training. A consular officer will determine whether the
educational and employment information provided meets the eligibility requirements for a U.S. visa.

https://web.archive.org/web/20111028...ualifying.html