PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus warns about no-deal Brexit
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 10:03
felixflyer

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
I see that the usual suspects have already convinved themselves that Airbus is pulling a fast one. There really is no-one so blind as those who refuse to see, it's pathetic.
The same can be said in reverse. It's important to find out the real reasons behind any potential job losses and try to solve them or find alternatives that work for the UK.

Using these announcements to justify a remain view and holding a 'we're doomed' view is frankly more pathetic. Brexit is happening and we should all be working to make it as successful as possible. Anyone just sitting back waiting for it to fail so they can say 'I told you so' needs to stand aside as they are no use whatsoever.

Why SHOULD they do anything??

We're the ones who brought this fandango on ................... why should they spend any time or money on it? Would we do the same if things were reversed???
This is not the school playground.

They are a business and if this is a business decision based on cost and in fear of any disruption from Brexit then absolutely they should, and would, work with the UK to try to minimise any potential problems. These are the kinds of issues that need highlighting to force both sides to come to agreements that work. Any business would do so to protect itself and shareholders. Moving elsewhere will not be a cheap or easy process so if staying can be made to work then they will.

I hope the announcement is an attempt to do the above and get some order in place rather than an attempt by Germany & France to punish the UK.

If it is the former then it can only be a good thing and I hope it achieves the required result.

If it is the latter then it only goes to strengthen the Leave case.

Interesting times.