PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit and UK licences
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 09:16
ROMEOVICTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tescoapp
There is nothing so far confirmed a Transition period has been talked about but until its legally binding and approved by both sides I wouldn't bet on it.<br /><br />Also don't touch the Spanish CAA with a poo pole, everything takes months to sort out and many many brick walls to bang your head against also its one of the expensive authorities. I have had several mates transfer away from them.<br /><br />CATS don't have a clue either what's going to happen same as the rest of us. They have to say that other wise nobody in their right mind would start training with them or any other UK approved provider for the next year if the person intends to use their license in euroland.
Sorry but this is completely false! I am transfering my licence from the UK CAA to the Spanish CAA and is the Brits who are delaying the process. It take several weeks to get a response from the UK CAA whereas if I sent an email to the Spanish CAA they reply me in a few minutes. The UK CAA is currently working in 14 working days turnover... (even the Spanish are asking me what is going on).